Ideas, publications, chapters, awards...
PLG activities include:
- Publishing Progressive Librarian, a peer-reviewed journal that serves as a forum for the development of critical perspectives in librarianship. Progressive Librarian includes articles, book reviews, bibliographies and documents. Full text access is available.
- Granting the Miriam Braverman Memorial Award, which encourages student papers concerned with an aspect of the social responsibilities of librarians, libraries, or librarianship.
- Adopting the Union Library Workers project, which chronicles ongoing activities of unions, libraries, and librarians. The project also compiles "There is Power in a Union," an annual review of labor activities for Progressive Librarian and initiates actions on behalf of labor, unions, and librarians.
- Fostering the creation of PLG local chapters, which host gatherings, programs, and events in their communities.
- Hosting a listserv for PLG members. To subscribe, go here.
- Keeping blogs in English and in Spanish.
- Writing letters of support as an Openthegovernment.org coalition partner. These letters are at openthegovernment.org.
- Publishing, over the years, a number of newsletters and bulletins, some of which are available online.