Progressive Librarian | About
Information about PLG's journal
PL is in Transition
The editors of Progressive Librarian are examining the current state and future form of PLG's journal following the release of our upcoming issue. New times need fresh eyes and minds in every realm of life, and the same is true of Progressive Librarian which has been in publication for the last three decades. When a new direction has been determined, we will certainly inform our readers. In the meanwhile, stay tuned for Issue 47, currently in the works, and be sure to keep abreast of the ideas, analysis, and narratives coming from those who keep a critical eye on librarianship. Venues for critical views within the profession can be found at: In the Library With a Lead Pipe; Journal of Critical Library and Information Studies; and Journal of Radical Librarianship.
About Progressive Librarian
Progressive Librarian: A Journal for Critical Studies and Progressive Politics in Librarianship is a forum for critical perspectives in Library and Information Science (LIS), featuring articles, book reviews, bibliographies, reports, and documents that explore progressive perspectives on librarianship and information issues.
Progressive Librarian is published, produced, and distributed by the Progressive Librarians Guild two times a year (ISSN 1052-5722). Issues 1-48 (1990-2021) are available full text in .pdf format. Supplement 29, index to issues 1-16, 1990-1999 is available in .pdf.
Progressive Librarian is indexed in the following online sources:
- Alternative Press Index, no.1, 1990-no.33, 2009
- Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace, 01/31/1991-12/31/1993, 01/01/1995-12/31/1995, 01/01/1997-
- Alt-PressWatch, 01/01/1995-12/31/1995, 01/01/1997-, 01/31/1991-12/31/1993
- Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek - Frei zugaengliche E-Journals, Universitaetsbibliothek Regensburg
- Library Literature & Information Science Full Text, 07/15/2000-
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts with Full Text, 06/01/2003-